Join our team!
Eckenhoff Saunders is seeking an interior designer to join our well-established firm. Located in the Prudential Building overlooking Millennium Park, Eckenhoff Saunders is an architecture and interior design firm with project work across markets such as workplace, education, commercial, and hospitality with an emphasis on healthcare. Our project approach thrives on collaboration with architects, planners, and interior designers which offers candidates a unique exposure to thoughtful design.
Our ideal candidate would be a self-motivated, energetic, and passionate designer to expand our team. The designer would proactively lead project teams including engineers on interior projects and concisely communicate their design vision to the project team. Candidates should possess strong problem-solving skills for creative solutions to design processes, problems, detailing, and on-site construction coordination.
- Prepare drawings for all phases of design
- Present design concepts to clients by preparing 2D and 3D presentation renderings
- Conduct user meetings to assist in client programming needs for space planning, furniture, and equipment layout
- Demonstrate proficiency for design and technical detailing
- Display fundamental knowledge of finish materials
- Research applicable building and accessibility codes
- Coordinate with consultants and vendors
- Lead Construction Administration phase including responding to RFI, reviewing shop drawings/submittals, participating in site visits, and publishing field reports.
- Ability to specify furniture, select furniture finishes, and coordinate furniture bid package
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 4-10 years of experience in the field of Interior Design
- Advanced knowledge of Revit for the production of Contract Documents
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Rendering Skills using 3D Studio Max, Enscape and Sketch-Up are highly desired.
- NCIDQ Certified/Licensed Architect or in the process of achieving certification/licensure (preferred but not required)
- LEED Certified or WELL Certified (preferred but not required)
Qualified candidates should apply using the form below.
Note: All applications require a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to be included in one .pdf file before consideration.
Eckenhhoff Saunders is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.