Join our team!
Eckenhoff Saunders, a Chicago-Based architecture and planning firm has an exciting position available for a Healthcare Planner. Our growing, 50-person firm has an established healthcare design practice with over 20 clients that we provide full design services to support the challenges of university-based health systems, national not-for-profit organizations, and local community-based wellness systems.
Your role will be to provide programming and planning expertise to our healthcare clients, bringing forward ideas and concepts that relate to a vision of patient-centered care within the budget and schedule constraints established for each effort. You will support our ongoing dedication to bring the firm’s collective healthcare expertise to each project.
You will coordinate with the project team to develop diagrams, schematic studies and design development plans that will be realized in the form of the project construction documents. It is essential that you be familiar with codes and guidelines so that sound planning principles create the foundation for the realized project. You will team with the Project Principal to lead high-level conversations with the healthcare organization’s leadership representatives. You will also be uniquely involved in business development and marketing activities to demonstrate the firm’s project process expertise.
Role within the Firm and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the transition of planning activities to further design development and eventual construction document preparation.
- Take part in Quality Assurance/Quality Control coordination to ensure code compliance and design intent are realized.
- Meet with the Project Principal on a regular basis to report on the planning process and schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited university. Master’s degree in Architecture or a related Health Science program is preferred.
- Membership in the AIA Academy of Architecture for Health and the American College of Healthcare Architects will be encouraged by the firm.
- Six to Ten Years of experience in all types of healthcare-related projects, including in-patient, out-patient, and off-campus facilities is preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit is required. In-house continuous training support is provided to maintain proficiency.
- Experience in real-time two-dimensional programming and planning tools, including Blue Beam and Illustrator is advantageous and will be supported by the firm.
Qualified candidates should apply using the form below.
Note: All applications require a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to be included in one .pdf file before consideration.
Eckenhhoff Saunders is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.