Join our team!
Eckenhoff Saunders Architects (ESA) is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and passionate designer with experience in a variety of markets to expand our interiors department and join our well-established firm. Located in Chicago’s city center, ESA is an architecture and design firm with project work across markets such as Workplace, Education, Commercial, and Hospitality with an emphasis on Healthcare. Our project approach thrives on the cross-sectional involvement of the architects, planners, and interior designers which offers candidates a unique opportunity for exposure to multiple disciplines.
Our ideal candidate would proactively lead project teams and engineers on interior projects. This candidate should possess strong problem-solving skills for creative solutions to design problems, detailing, and on site construction coordination. Ideally, the candidate has an in-depth knowledge of finish materials. For both internal and client interactions, the candidate should possess the ability to confidently and concisely communicate design solutions and exemplify an eagerness to bring new ideas to the table.
- Prepare drawings for all phases of design
- Present design concepts to clients by preparing 2D and 3D presentation renderings
- Conduct user meetings to assist in client programming needs for space planning, furniture, and equipment layout
- Demonstrate proficiency for design and technical detailing
- Display fundamental knowledge of materials
- Research applicable building and accessibility codes
- Coordinating with consultants and vendors
- Lead Construction Administration phase including responding to RFI, reviewing shop drawings/submittals, participating in site visits, and publishing field reports
- Ability to specify furniture, select furniture finishes, and coordinate furniture bid packages
- Advanced knowledge of Revit for the production of Contract Documents
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Rendering Skills using 3D Studio Max and Sketch-Up are highly desired
- VR experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Interior Design or Architecture
- In the process of achieving certification/licensure (preferred but not required)
- 4-7 years of experience in the field of Interior Design or Architecture
- LEED Certified (preferred but not required)
Qualified candidates should apply using the form below:
Note: All applications require a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to be included in one .pdf file before consideration.
Eckenhhoff Saunders is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.