Join our team!
Eckenhoff Saunders (ESA) is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and passionate architect to join our well-established firm. Located in the Prudential Building overlooking Millennium Park, ESA is an architecture and interior design firm with project work across markets such as workplace, education, commercial, and hospitality with an emphasis on healthcare. Our project approach thrives on collaboration with architects, planners, and interior designers which offers candidates a unique exposure to thoughtful design.
Our ideal candidate would proactively lead project teams and engineers on projects. This candidate should possess strong problem-solving skills for creative solutions to design problems, detailing, and on-site construction coordination. The candidate should possess a strong ability to confidently and concisely communicate design solutions to the project team.
- Prepare drawings for all phases of design
- Present design concepts to clients by preparing 2D and 3D presentation renderings
- Conduct user meetings to assist in client programming needs for space planning
- Demonstrate proficiency for design and technical detailing
- Display fundamental knowledge of materials
- Research applicable building and accessibility codes
- Coordinating with consultants and vendors
- Lead Construction Administration phase including responding to RFI, reviewing shop drawings/submittals, participating in site visits, and publishing field reports
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Architecture
- Architectural license preferred but not required
- 4-10 years of experience in the field of Architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Revit for the production of Contract Documents
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Rendering Skills using 3D Studio Max, Enscape, and Sketch-Up are highly desired
- LEED Accredited (preferred but not required)
Qualified candidates should apply using the form below.
Note: All applications require a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to be included in one .pdf file before consideration.
Eckenhhoff Saunders is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.